(Divided By Age and Levels)
- Tap Beginner
- Tap Intermediate
- Tap Advanced
Tap dance is a form of dance characterized by a tapping sound that is created from metal plates that are attached to both the ball and heel of the dancer’s shoe. Tap dancers make frequent use of syncopation and choreography and typically starts on the first or eighth beat count. Another aspect of tap dancing is improvisation. This can either be done with music and follow the beats provided or without musical accompaniment, otherwise known as a cappella dancing.
Here are just some of the movements our students will learn in the tap classes during a year at the Napoli School of Music and Dance.
- Shuffle Ball Change
- Flap Heel
- Spank Back
- Cramp Roll
- Single and Double Pullbacks
- Heel Clicks
Features of Napoli
- We have customer service assistance available to you from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You will learn in a fun, low pressure environment.
- No fundraising required.
- You will be dancing on a professional floating Marley Floor.
- Small dance class sizes. Max of 8 students in our preschool classes and a max of 12 students in all others.
- Flat screen T.V. or one way glass observation windows in our waiting rooms.
Benefits to You
- You can get assistance outside of your lesson time, so you do not lose valuable lesson time.
- Optional, low pressure recitals.
- Costumes altered free of charge.
- Injuries and fatigue are reduced and eliminated.
- Your teacher is able to spend lots of time with you and can work with your particular learning style.
- Parents can watch the dance classes.
Ardmore-PA (down the street from Chestnutwold Elementary School)
Springfield-PA (Delaware County) next to Chuck. E Cheese (Balt. Pike)