(Divided By Age and Levels)
- Jazz 6-8 yrs old
- Jazz 9-12 yrs old
- Jazz 13-17 yrs old
- Jazz/Hip Hop Adult
Jazz style of dance is what is seen in many Broadway type shows such as “Cats”. It is a more structured, stage style of dance and is a form of dance that showcases a dancer’s individual style and originality. Every jazz dancer interprets and executes moves and steps in their own way. Jazz dancing is energetic and fun, consisting of unique moves, fancy footwork, big leaps and quick turns. To excel in jazz, dancers need a strong background in ballet as it encourages grace and balance.
Here are just some of the movements our students will learn in the jazz classes during a year at the Napoli School of Music and Dance:
- Axel Turn
- Barrel Jump
- Jazz Drag
- Knee Slide
- Pivot Step
- Sissonne Fall
Features of Napoli
- We have customer service assistance available to you from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You will learn in a fun, low pressure environment.
- No fundraising required.
- You will be dancing on a professional floating Marley Floor.
- Small dance class sizes. Max of 8 students in our preschool classes and a max of 12 students in all others.
- Flat screen T.V. or one way glass observation windows in our waiting rooms.
Benefits to You
- You can get assistance outside of your lesson time, so you do not lose valuable lesson time.
- Optional, low pressure recitals.
- Costumes altered free of charge.
- Injuries and fatigue are reduced and eliminated.
- Your teacher is able to spend lots of time with you and can work with your particular learning style.
- Parents can watch the dance classes.
Ardmore-PA (down the street from Chestnutwold Elementary School)
Springfield-PA (Delaware County) next to Chuck. E Cheese (Balt. Pike)