Creative Movement (3-5 Years)
Level 1 Program (Creative Movement 1)
Ages 3-5 is an introduction to dance. The primary goal is to foster a love of movement. The creative component is quite large and several fun or special activities happen in each class. For example, a scarf or flag dance at the end can facilitate the dancer’s own physical expression. Taking part in dancing out a narrative helps our students to understand that dancing is about expression. It is a means of communicating feelings and actions. Of course it also means having fun and making new friends in the class. The vocabulary covered in the Creative Movement 1 are all steps which a 3 year old can master and helps them build self-confidence. The vernacular is also set up to prepare the students for Creative Movement 2.
Level 2 Program (Creative Movement 2)
Ages 4 ½-5 ½
Ages 4 ½ – 5 ½ cover a basis of movement found in all dance forms. The goals included in Creative Movement 2 are to foster creativity, freedom and expression in movement and to help the kids gain an affinity and a love for dance. The class includes concepts that are found in an older child’s dance class. The concepts will prepare the students for the following year when they graduate to Ballet, Jazz or Tap. By the end of the year the students will be able to dance independently of the teacher and memorize simple exercises and sequences.
Here are just some of the movements our students will learn in the creative movement classes during a year at the Napoli School of Music and Dance:
- Ballet positions of the arms and legs
- Port de bras
- Grande jeté
Features of Napoli
- We have customer service assistance available to you from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You will learn in a fun, low pressure environment.
- No fundraising required.
- You will be dancing on a professional floating Marley Floor.
- Small dance class sizes. Max of 8 students in our preschool classes and a max of 12 students in all others.
- Flat screen T.V. or one way glass observation windows in our waiting rooms.
Benefits to You
- You can get assistance outside of your lesson time, so you do not lose valuable lesson time.
- Optional, low pressure recitals.
- Costumes altered free of charge.
- Injuries and fatigue are reduced and eliminated.
- Your teacher is able to spend lots of time with you and can work with your particular learning style.
- Parents can watch the dance classes.
Ardmore-PA (down the street from Chestnutwold Elementary School)
Springfield-PA (Delaware County) next to Chuck. E Cheese (Balt. Pike)